Mom 'helped torture daughter to death in exorcism to stop her crying'

TRAGIC new details have emerged after a mother was accused of killing her toddler during a 12-hour exorcism.

Little Arely Hernandez, three, was found dead on the floor of a small church in San Jose, California last September with “multiple injuries around her eyes, face, neck and chest.”

It came after reports that her family had become convinced that she was “possessed by a demon” after she woke up screaming.

According to court documents, the young girl was taken to a Pentecostal church at 6:30am in the morning where a series of depraved acts were allegedly facilitated at the hands of her mother, her pastor grandfather and her teenage uncle.

Mom Claudia Hernandez, 25, was accused of pinning her down and sticking her fingers down her mouth to make her vomit, which they “believed would help her get the spirit out,” the document said.

“One individual was holding the victim by the neck, while one held her around her abdomen, and the last held her around her legs,” wrote the officers.

Read more on crime

Eerie 911 calls reveal clues in woman’s death that sparked serial killer fears

Ex-nurse breaks down in tears after avoiding jail for killing patient, 75

The report said that  Arely “fell asleep several times" until "the victim vomited a clear/purple liquid.”

An autopsy later carried out by a Santa Clara County coroner determined she died of asphyxia due to suffocation and smothering.

A police report noted the family did not dial 911 until 8:12pm – around two hours after they believe she died.

They added that “no lifesaving measures were performed” to help the dying child – who was found dead at the scene.

Most read in US News


Eerie 911 calls reveal clues in woman's death that sparked serial killer fears


Ex-nurse breaks down in tears after avoiding jail for killing patient, 75


Terrifying moment father is ambushed at gas station and shot dead


Reality star jailed for life for beating 3-year-old foster daughter to death

Depicting the harrowing details of the alleged murder, deputy district attorney Rebekah Wise wrote: “She strangled her multiple times to the point where the victim went unconscious.

She added: “She stuck her hands down her throat, and continued this course of conduct for almost a full day.”

Ms Hernandez, 25, is now being held without bail, charged with felony assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury.

She faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted, reports the New York Post.

Uncle Rene Aaron Hernandez-Santos, 19, and grandfather Rene Trigueros Hernandez, 59, have also now been arrested and charged in connection to the young girl's death

However, it remains unclear whether the girl's father, who has not been named, was involved.

The new details, made public this week for the first time, emerged after her family held a pink Disney theme funereal for the little girl as her mother posted about it on social media and YouTube.

In the clip she repeatedly said “it is what is is,” when referring to her daughter's death, noting “I am at peace, I am happy.”

Under the name Elisaa Santos she told subscribers: “I could sit here and be negative, be sad about the whole situation that she passed away, but it’s like, there’s no point, you know, because it is what it is.

"She’s not here with me — it is what it is.

Read More On The Sun

AGT hit with ‘serious federal violations’ after stuntman left paralyzed

I’m a Starbucks barista – workers let customers change menu item & it’s annoying

“It’s like, what’s the point, you know? I’m just gonna be putting myself down when there’s no point for me to do that, you know? I cannot change the situation,” she said.

Adding that people had “turned on her” after her daughter passed away she then proclaimed: “I don’t worry too much about that because God knows the truth, and the truth always comes out."

    Source: Read Full Article