IF you're planning on inviting a date round to yours this Valentine's Day, Asda might have the deal for you.
The supermarket is lining up all you need for a romantic night in for £15 – and it comes with a bottle of wine.
The bargain bundle for two includes a full-three course meal with booze.
Savvy couples can choose between a continental meat platter, cheesy Cornish camembert, cherry tomato and mozzarella tartlets or runny scotch eggs as their starters.
Mains include a juicy rump steak slowly matured over 28 days, pasta primavera, a British pork and chorizo stew or chicken with asparagus and a Prosecco pie among other things.
Some of the side dishes include chuncky chips, broccoli and garlic stuffed mushrooms.
While for dessert shoppers can treat themselves to a New York baked cheese cake or a Sicilian lemon & blueberry posset among many other options.
The deal will be available at Asda stores and online from February 8 and it will run until February 15.
With the cost of eating out going right up on Valentine's Day, a host of supermarket are offering "dine-in deals" for less.
So it's worth shopping around to see which retailer is offering the meal deal that is best suited to your taste.
What is included in Asda’s £15 Valentine’s Day deal?
Here’s what is included
- Extra Special Continental Meat Platter
- Extra Special Cornish Camembert
- Extra Special All-Butter Cherry Tomato & Mozzarella Tartlets
- Extra Special Runny Scotch Eggs
- NEW Extra Special Beef Wellington
- NEW Extra Special Pasta Primavera
- NEW Extra Special British Pork & Chorizo Stew
- NEW Extra Special Chicken, Asparagus & Prosecco Pie
- Extra Special Lamb Shanks with Mint Sauce
- Extra Special British Duck Breast Portions with a Plum & Ruby Port Sauce
- Extra Special 2 Rump Steaks
- Extra Special 2 Sirloin Steaks
- Extra Special Butterflied Seabass
- Extra Special Smoky Passata & Pepper Twist
- Extra Special Garlic & Herb
- Extra Special Creamy Mash
- Extra Special Chunky Chips
- Extra Special Bubble & Squeak
- Extra Special Winter Vegetable Dauphinoise
- Extra Special Roast Carrots & Parsnips
- Extra Special Hasselback Potatoes
- Extra Special Garlic Stuffed Chestnut Mushrooms
- Extra Special Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese
- Extra Special Green Vegetable Medley
- Extra Special Raspberry & White Chocolate Dessert
- Extra Special Belgian Chocolate & Hazelnut Dessert
- Extra Special New York Baked Cheesecake
- Extra Special Sicilian Lemon & Blueberry Posset
- Extra Special Crèmes Brûlées
- Extra Special Caramel Cheesecake
- Extra Special Red Velvet Melt in the Middle Chocolate Dessert
- Extra Special Cheeseboard
- Extra Special Sparkling Juice inc 2 x flutes
- Extra Special Garnacha
- Extra Special Cabernet Chile
- Extra Special Sauvignon Blanc
- Extra Special Pinot Grigio
- Extra Special Rose Cava
- Extra Special Cava Brut
Co-op is selling budget dinner at just £6 for couples who want to avoid pricey menus and cheesy music.
The bargain bundle includes a main for two and two side dishes or one side and dessert.
Although it is cheaper than at Asda the meal deal does not include booze.
Co-op is running a separate offer on Prosecco and a Thornton’s chocolate box for £10.
More about Valentine’s Day
ROSES ARE RED
Valentine’s Day 2018 gift ideas for her – presents for girlfriends and wives
ROSES ARE RED
Co-op is doing a Valentine's meal deal for just £6
What you can do if your Valentine's Day flowers are delivered damaged or late
Valentine’s eyes are the latest bizarre beauty trend… but would YOU try them?
This means that you could get the meal, complete with some fizz and chocolates from the supermarket for under £16.
Other supermarkets are yet to release their deals but to give you an idea, here's a round-up of the Valentine's Day meals from supermarkets such as Tesco, Asda, M&S and Waitrose from last year.
Source: Read Full Article